Friday 14 October 2016

Opening the Garden Gates for Ryedale

Rod Anness reflects on his visit to Scampston Walled Garden on the October Community Weekend!

The sun was shining (well, there were occasional minor showers) and many a Ryedale resident took advantage of the repeat of the opening of the gardens free of charge. The success of the similar opening arrangements last April prompted the decision to repeat the chance for local people to come and see how the garden had changed after six months and the onset of autumn.

     Like last April there was a lovely atmosphere with so many happy smiling faces. The only negative from my point of view was the people who, on seeing my volunteer badge, started to ask me questions about particular plants about which I know very little and my confession that I was merely “a photographer”.

The following area selection of images of visitors that I met on a very pleasant afternoon in Scampston Walled Garden.  

The next community weekend will take place shortly after the gardens re-open for the 2017 season. Join us (and the rest of Ryedale) on the 22nd or 23rd April for another blissful day in the gardens. 






   

No comments:

Post a Comment